1. The Daily Essentials Multivitamin contains vitamins and minerals essential to heart health like high doses of vitamin C, a high complex of B vitamins, magnesium, selenium, silica, copper, and potassium. Let us define how each of these elements relates to your heart.
Vitamin C is not only and antioxidant, but keeps blood vessels healthy, and raises “good” cholesterol levels and lowers “bad” cholesterol levels.
The B vitamins help digest fats and sugars and reduce plaque. A recent double-blind placebo-controlled study at the University of Southern California found that a combination of folic acid, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 reduced the progression of early subclinical atherosclerosis, as measured by thickness of the carotid artery in the neck, even in people at low risk for cardiovascular disease. Niacin, another B vitamin, helps increase HDL or "good" cholesterol levels. Folic acid, one of the B vitamins, regulates the amount of homocysteine in the blood, a marker for heart disease.
"High levels of homocysteine can lead to heart disease, and the way to combat high homocysteine is to take folic acid," says Michael Poon, MD, chief of cardiology at Cabrini Medical Center in New York. Aim for 1 milligram or 1,000 micrograms a day, he says.
Magnesium is crucial for heart function. Not only does it regulate your heart beat, but it is needed for hundreds of processes in your body, not least the lowering of toxic blood homocysteine. Most Americans don't get the recommended daily allowance of magnesium because the majority is removed from refined grains and rice.
"Some researchers say that, as a nation, we could cut our rate of heart disease by one-half if we took more magnesium," says City Island, N.Y.-based Carolyn Dean, MD, ND, author of The Miracle of Magnesium. "Magnesium is the body's natural calcium channel blocker. It balances out the excess calcium that is associated with the heart going into muscle spasm, which equals a heart attack."
Selenium is an antioxidant that works with vitamins E and C. Selenium deficiency diseases include heart disease, some virus diseases & cancer.
Silica (also known as silicon) can reduce blood fats & cholesterol, risks of arteriosclerosis, and of coronary diseases. Plus, silicon can improve the cardiovascular system, as it is essential to the structural integrity, elasticity and permeability of the arteries.
Copper is an important nutrient known to lower LDL cholesterol. Without it artery structure is not made or repaired. Copper can not only improve your heart health, but it can help prevent artery bursts (as associated with aneurysm or stroke), and poor blood clotting.
Potassium helps regulate heartbeat, blood pressure levels, and even lower high blood pressure. Hypertension, high blood pressure, is a major risk factor for heart disease. Potassium may also decrease your risk of stroke and heart failure.
2. Rx Oils (Fish or Flax) contain essential fatty acids like Omega 3.
Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) play a critical role in the workings of a healthy body. Why are they “essential”? Because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance, so a direct source is required. Taken in the right amounts and ratios, EFAs improve and maintain a healthy heart by lowering high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, inflammation, and the formation of clots.
Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA) [Omega 3] constitutes 57% of the total fatty acids in flax, making flax the richest source of ALA in the North American diet. Studies have found evidence that ALA is related to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease. People with certain circulatory problems, such as varicose veins, benefit from omega 3. Omega 3 stimulates blood circulation, increases the breakdown of fibrin, a compound involved in clot and scar formation, and additionally has been shown to reduce blood pressure. There is strong scientific evidence that n- 3 fatty acids significantly reduce blood triglyceride levels and regular intake reduces the risk of secondary and primary heart attack.
The scientific evidence suggests that fish oil with omega-3 fatty acids can lower levels of triglycerides by up to 50%. (Triglycerides are an unhealthy fat that can cause clots in the arteries.) Fish oil may also improve blood pressure, because the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil seem to be able to expand blood vessels, and this brings blood pressure down. Not only can fish oil help prevent heart disease and stroke, recent studies suggest fish consumption is associated with a reduced risk from all-cause, ischemic heart disease and stroke.
3. D3 Essentials contains 5,000 I.U.’s of Vitamin D per serving.
Vitamin D can reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease including heart attacks, stroke and heart failure. Low vitamin D levels are associated with risk factors that cause heart disease: type 2 diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Plus, vitamin D helps with magnesium absorption which as previously discussed, is very important for heart health.
4. Rx Greens contains many important phytonutrients like phytosterols (naturally-occurring plant compounds) and flavonoids (the color-providing pigments of plants).
Phytosterols help to reduce cholesterol by competing for absorption in the intestines. They can reduce total and LDL cholesterol by 10-15%.
Flavonoids have a wide range of heart health benefits. They reduce the inflammation associated with heart disease, improve the ability of blood vessels to relax, strengthen capillaries and act as powerful antioxidants. They’re a must in your daily diet if you want to keep your heart healthy.
5. Body Beautiful contains high doses of collagen as well as Vitamins B & C.
Collagen is a long, fibrous structural protein made up of amino acids such as glucine, proline, hydroxyproline and arginine. Comprising 75-85% of skin, muscle, and connective tissue, collagen is the most abundant protein found in the body. Collagen can strengthen the blood vessels and improve circulation throughout the body. As the body ages, the production of collagen slows down.
When collagen levels are lowered in the cardiovascular system, it can lead to malfunctions of the heart, according to a study by the University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine. Collagen fibers are the most abundant cell components in arteries and the muscular tissue of the heart (myocardium). When the body increases its collagen levels, this can lead to a reduced risk of inflammatory diseases, especially as related to the cardiovascular system, and slow the build-up of plaque in your arteries (atherosclerosis).
Supplement Rx provides the Daily Essentials Multivitamin, Rx Oils (Fish or Flax), D3 Essentials, Rx Greens and Body Beautiful as beneficial supplements that may help improve your heart health. All Supplement Rx Products are guaranteed to be:
- Formulated with research-proven, science-based, patented ingredients
- Certified Pure, pharmaceutical-grade supplements manufactured in FDA-registered labs under the GMP and NSF certifications
- Label-tested for Potency, what's on the label is what's in the container...no more, no less!
- Time-released, so that the nutrient delivery systems are maximized for absorption
- Safe & Effective because they have been market-tested in top health clubs throughout the country
- Synergistically designed to be used with other Supplement Rx products to ensure no nutrient overages or adverse events when used as recommended
- Assembled with therapeutic dosages that go above and beyond the FDA suggested daily values
- Made without synthetic vitamins
- Prepared with organic and natural ingredients whenever possible
- Competitively priced and exclusive to the gym industry
- Created, Developed, Formulated, and Manufactured in the U.S.A.